Arania Minecraft Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of Arania Server.

+17
Sellador
Bilderberg
beansbeenz
sskonis
Eztoyloco
sblimit
rogueman117
kasparsade
TBCPhantom
Mjolnor
Cathonic
Angelo85
zerokontrol
Zenthan
rollthehard6
Angryfrogman
Runkpapper
21 posters

Why the server is not running~

Cathonic

Why the server is not running~ - Page 3 Empty Re: Why the server is not running~

Post  Cathonic Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

yup server's up Smile
    Bilderberg

Why the server is not running~ - Page 3 Empty Re: Why the server is not running~

Post  Bilderberg Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Fuck yes!
    shanemaxell

Post  shanemaxell Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 pm

I log in fine but can't get on the server :/
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Are you able to connect from now?

The server should be up and running.
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Bilderberg wrote:Yeah. I'm seriously hoping I can get back today and log on to this damned server.

I mean I'm a patient guy but c'mon. I didn't donate because I thought it'd be funny, I did it for server upkeep to assist in making sure I get an experience that is not riddled with fail.

Let me explain a small part in what I have to do to get this running.

First of all I need to constantly watch Bukkit and Minecraft websites to see when they do their sneaky updates. They update without warning all the time, sometimes twice a day.

And IRL I have Alot to do. I got my work, and sometimes I work till nightfall, and my DJ project which takes alot of hours per day. The time I have for playing and interwebs is very limited since new year.

Also since our hoster and everyone els stopped to care since Hey0 left, you need to install,update and fix everything manually. Before all this, you had a button called "Update server" you clicked this, and ur done.

Now I have to download 2 programs to update my server. puTTy & tunnelier. I have to enter tunnelier, a FTPS database and manually place my files in my database. Then extract them because you cant send files not ziped. This I have to do through puTTy. A DDOS like interweb thingy which can be linked into my database. Here comes the tricky part.. Our hosters thought that, "hey we dont support Bukkit so we dont give out any commands". So I had to look around on whole google to find 3 commands which isn't even enough to atleast extract bukkit from it's zip. After I got those commands I had to fight my ass off with our hosters to get a simple description how to install bukkit. ( Please not that the description given is not for bukkit, it's for hey0.. ) So I had to re-do the commands so it fitted with Bukkit.

Now when they updated the server I have to re-do all of this and it's quiet time draining.

So please, do not expect the server to run 24/7 and flawless during this time. I am working as hard as I can to keep it up, but as Notch and all the moders out there breaking everything it's quiet hard to keep a server running smoothly.

Regards
    Arania Team
    Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Kudoz to you Runk for all the effort you put into the Server.

Have you thought about the previous suggestion of a roll back to the previous Minecraft version? We would get all the Plugins back and you wouldn't have to worry about updating every 5 minutes.
    We could keep the Server running on an older version until a stable solution for Hmod has been found and the current Version of Minecraft got patched out.

/e: Basically what I'm trying to say is: This would mean much less work for you and so I figure rethinking that Idea might be... an idea Laughing
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Angelo85 wrote:Kudoz to you Runk for all the effort you put into the Server.

Have you thought about the previous suggestion of a roll back to the previous Minecraft version? We would get all the Plugins back and you wouldn't have to worry about updating every 5 minutes.
    We could keep the Server running on an older version until a stable solution for Hmod has been found and the current Version of Minecraft got patched out.

/e: Basically what I'm trying to say is: This would mean much less work for you and so I figure rethinking that Idea might be... an idea Laughing

I agree. I'd lose several hours of work, but it would make things much more easier and convienent if we rolled back to a previous version and stayed there. If this is a possibility, i urge you to consider it.
    Cathonic

Post  Cathonic Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 pm

I'd rather we didn't roll back.

But good work with the server, its been great until now and once the stupid updates are over and bukkit is stable It'll be great again.

Keep it up Runk Smile
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Server down again? O_o
    beansbeenz

Post  beansbeenz Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 pm

yea, just went down for me.
    Bilderberg

Post  Bilderberg Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm

sorry bro, my vagina was a little sandy earlier. a brotha' be needin' that minecraft fix if ya knahmsayin'.
    shanemaxell

Post  shanemaxell Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:44 am

I'd rather we didn't roll back. I'd probably lose a fair amount of work (ironically i've been playing far more minecraft since i've had exam revision to do than when i had nothing to do ^^). Of course, if the majority of people would rather roll back I wouldn't make a fuss; after all, i can just start again. In all honesty, i'm happy playing vanilla til a stable solution becomes available, though i do miss the features ^^.
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:56 am

Honestly rolling back shouldn't be a considered idea =/.

I like getting new stuff and minor changes, I'm probably not the only one.

The community here is nice and good fun, but to be honest if we roll back I'd have to find a new server =/.
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

sskonis wrote:Honestly rolling back shouldn't be a considered idea =/.

I like getting new stuff and minor changes, I'm probably not the only one.

The community here is nice and good fun, but to be honest if we roll back I'd have to find a new server =/.

If you would leave the server because you lost a few days work than i doubt your dedication to this server. And im glad you were not with us when we WERE having rollbacks, without notice.

Bukkit is nowhere near ready. With no protection, anything we build could easily vanish overnight. A simple death, and you have to try to find your way back to where you were building or exploring. The towny system, the economy system, the teleporter system. The daylight mod. It all worked out so nicely.
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 am

You misunderstood what I was refering to roll, I've no bother with a roll back in losing stuff or even starting the map from scratch.

I thought we were talking about rolling back the version so we stayed constantly at an old version of minecraft.

I would stay if it was only a temporary solution and we were eventually going to go to the newest version but not if it was permanent.

Bukkit is nowhere near ready. With no protection, anything we build could easily vanish overnight. A simple death, and you have to try to find your way back to where you were building or exploring. The towny system, the economy system, the teleporter system. The daylight mod. It all worked out so nicely.

I'm strongly against Constant Daylight it ruins the game as there is no longer a survivor aspect. I don't mind it being adjusted so it's like 5d for 1 night but removing it completely sucks.

As for Home plugin as it's nice and handy it's easy to play without, some people are just to used to being able to spam /home when they get attacked so they don't have to fight etc.

Teleporter system is a must eventually or it's just so annoying when everyone is so spread Razz.

The Iconomy plugin is back up and running without shops or auctions.

And town protection is good but it's easy enough to hide your stuff temporarily.

Last edited by sskonis on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 am

sskonis wrote:You misunderstood what I was refering to roll, I've no bother with a roll back in losing stuff or even starting the map from scratch.

I thought we were talking about rolling back the version so we stayed constantly at an old version of minecraft.

I would stay if it was only a temporary solution and we were eventually going to go to the newest version but not if it was permanent.

What i understood from Angelo and what i am for completly is rolling back to a previous version of minecraft, one that hmod works with. Stay there UNTIL bukkit is ready and can fully replace hmod, than update. Because lets face it. Bukkits a piece of Sh*t.

I dont even know if rolling back like that is even possible though. That would be something only runk would know.
    Cathonic

Post  Cathonic Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 am

rollthehard6 wrote:

Bukkit is nowhere near ready. With no protection, anything we build could easily vanish overnight. A simple death, and you have to try to find your way back to where you were building or exploring.

Bukkit does have mods for /home and portals. We'll probably have them soon eough.

While its true we can be griefed, doesnt Runk have it so new people cant connect currently? Also, rolling back to the old system would give us grief protection, but no one would join the server since it'd be an older version.

Anyway the old stuff has no dyes or sandstone = much sadness, not to mention time lost.
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:02 am

Cathonic wrote:
    rollthehard6 wrote:

Bukkit is nowhere near ready. With no protection, anything we build could easily vanish overnight. A simple death, and you have to try to find your way back to where you were building or exploring.

Bukkit does have mods for /home and portals. We'll probably have them soon eough.

While its true we can be griefed, doesnt Runk have it so new people cant connect currently? Also, rolling back to the old system would give us grief protection, but no one would join the server since it'd be an older version.

Anyway the old stuff has no dyes or sandstone = much sadness, not to mention time lost.

As far as i know, just bout every mod runk has tried to installed has failed. A simple daylight controller, didnt work. I asked him about myhome, a mod that looks very neat. he said it didnt work. As far as i know runk only took the IP off the main minecraft forums. New people can still log in, its just harder for them to find the server. No one would join the server? No one is joining the server now. I think you underestimate how many people would rather have stability and protection than a glitchy and unpredictable server.

yes, time would be lost. But is time not being lost now? How many times has the server been down these past few days? I dont recall hmod making the server go down like this.
    Cathonic

Post  Cathonic Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 am

rollthehard6 wrote:

No one would join the server? No one is joining the server now. I think you underestimate how many people would rather have stability and protection than a glitchy and unpredictable server.

yes, time would be lost. But is time not being lost now? How many times has the server been down these past few days? I dont recall hmod making the server go down like this.

If no one is joining now (effectively) then griefing really isn't a worry.

I'm not underestimating the number of people with X or Y opinion since I'm not estimating. I'm merely stating my opinion and providing some reasons for it.

The lack of addons is unfortunate, though its not as bad as is being made out, just bring a couple of food with you wherever you go. Its also temporary.

Indeed time is being lost now but im assuming it'll be stable in a few days or so. Also, these last few days have been exceptional in that minecraft.net was down for most of the time, the server would have been inaccessible no matter which version it was running.

beansbeenz

Post  beansbeenz Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:34 am

for what its worth i think the server was fine earler until it went down again due to notch messing with minecraft.net. i was able to use /home set and /home and everything was working good enough. rolling back to an older version of the beta is a silly idea and goes against the whole idea of particapating in the testing of the game in its beta stages. give it a couple days and everything will be alot more stable. stick with bukkit.
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 am

beansbeenz wrote:for what its worth i think the server was fine earler until it went down again due to notch messing with minecraft.net. i was able to use /home set and /home and everything was working good enough. rolling back to an older version of the beta is a silly idea and goes against the whole idea of particapating in the testing of the game in its beta stages. give it a couple days and everything will be alot more stable. stick with bukkit.

Bukkit has been in development for over two weeks. If you think another few days will make it as stable as hmod, than im afraid your mistaken.

Im not saying we go back to a previous version and stay there. Im saying we should roll back to a previous version where mods actually work, the server does not crash, and WHEN bukkit can actually support what they claim they are, than we move forward. Why drive on a bridge as it's being built?
    beansbeenz

Post  beansbeenz Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 am

i am under the impression that the problems we are having with stability come from minecraft.net being overloaded/moved to different servers over the last few days. runk had the server up an running earlier with bukkit and it was fine. this evening when our server went down, many others did also, including 1 i play on that doesnt run bukkit.

here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] notch has talked about this himself.

also, based on what runk has said in one of his previous posts, it seems everytime notch updates his servers, the arania servers/bukkit/everything must be updated before we can play again, this is the reason why we are experiencing downtime tonight and bukkit is not to blame. as soon as mojang finish moving servers, these frequent updates should become less frequent and we will have less downtime. if i am not mistaken. Cool
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 am

Roll the reason the plugins aren't working I believe is because the company that Runk has the server hosted with doesn't support the way Bukkit works and Runk is trying to bypass it in his own way which isn't working out.

Which I could be wrong about.
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Post  rollthehard6 Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:52 am

sskonis wrote:Roll the reason the plugins aren't working I believe is because the company that Runk has the server hosted with doesn't support the way Bukkit works and Runk is trying to bypass it in his own way which isn't working out.

Which I could be wrong about.

That is also a good enough reason to switch back,for now at least. Give runk a little less to deal with, little less stress.

But ill still love this server whatever we do, and i appreciate what runk has been doing for us. Just throwing my opinions out there. Don't want to create a huge arguement between us.
    Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Just to be clear guys: the Map is saved differently.
    Rolling back to a previous Minecraft Version wouldn't affect the progress you made on the Map in any way whatsoever.

Runk tried some stuff yesterday regarding rolling back to a previous Version of MC but hit some roadbumps.

/e: Cath:

I don't think no one would join. Several other Server gone back to a previous Version too and many of them even see more players than before because Players got so used to the comfortable Plugins of Hmod.
    Another example is Buxville (the most populated Server of Minecraft, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), they rolled back as well and had no decline in Player count whatsoever ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:26 am