Arania Minecraft Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of Arania Server.

+17
Sellador
Bilderberg
beansbeenz
sskonis
Eztoyloco
sblimit
rogueman117
kasparsade
TBCPhantom
Mjolnor
Cathonic
Angelo85
zerokontrol
Zenthan
rollthehard6
Angryfrogman
Runkpapper
21 posters

Why the server is not running~

Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Why the server is not running~ Empty Why the server is not running~

Post  Runkpapper Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Hellu everyone!

As you might have noticed the server are not running. This is because in the previous update, once again something happened to the plugins and or server. I do not know if this is because Hey0's packing his stuffs and leaving. But as i'm trying to start the server it says,
    Failed to start server incompatible, damaged or outdated addon is preventing server from starting.

I have tried different messaures but nothing works, and I have contacted our hosters to help me fix this.

But what it seems is that Hey0, aka hMod. The mod that allows all the plugins to work and such, seems to be outdated. And as Hey0's no longer going to provide us with updates, Bukkit another Mod maker will continue his work.

A Link to Bukkit Website:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So for now, it seems that the server will be down, but I hope it wont be down for long! Probably we just have to fix and adjust everything to Bukkit instead of hMod.

I will update you further in this post, so be active here!

Regards
    Arania Team
    Angryfrogman
    Angryfrogman

Why the server is not running~ Empty Re: Why the server is not running~

Post  Angryfrogman Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Will making everything work with bukkit change the gameplay on the server at all?
    rollthehard6
    rollthehard6

Why the server is not running~ Empty gah

Post  rollthehard6 Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:14 am

Couldnt have come at a worse time. Leaving for a trip for 3 days early tomorrow morning. So probably wont be able to get matters settled before i leave.

After looking at the hmod topic, and bukkit website, a lot of people are saying that bukkit is nowhere near where hmod is now and still needs alot of features? How is this going to effect the game?
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 am

I have no idea acctually how this will effect our game.

But the world map wont be effected at all ! The only thing that can take effect is our plugins! But those can easily be replaced.

So what I think is that it wont take much effect on our gameplay.
    Lets hope i'm right.

But the problem is hMod. I uninstalled hMod and the server start, but no plugins are on as hMod is not updated. So we either have to wait for an update from hMod or just install Bukkit. I'm gonna give Hey0 a day or so, then use Bukkit.

Regards
    Arania Team
    Zenthan

Why the server is not running~ Empty :D

Post  Zenthan Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:26 am

go runk go!
    zerokontrol

Post  zerokontrol Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 am

can't wait for the server to be back with all the updates, take your time with the Bukkit/Hey0 thing runk Wink.
    Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:27 am

As far as I read, Bukkit doesn't support the Towny Plugin and there seems to be no similar alternatives to the Plugin for Bukkit yet.
    As Towns/Nations/War play a big part on this Server I'd guess Bukkit is no real alternative for this Server as of yet.

Also, Bukkit development seems to be progressing very slowly.
    Post by Hey0 today on his forum regarding Bukkit taking over the development of hMod:

I was under the impression that the Bukkit team would continue to work on it until they were ready. Obviously, this is not the case as they aren't (except for Meaglin)

So, where do you intend to go from here Runk? You could possibly wait until someone updates hMod compatibility to the new version of Minecraft.
    Some guys are working on it through github but there are no indications as to when they will be finished.
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Angelo85 wrote:As far as I read, Bukkit doesn't support the Towny Plugin and there seems to be no similar alternatives to the Plugin for Bukkit yet.
    As Towns/Nations/War play a big part on this Server I'd guess Bukkit is no real alternative for this Server as of yet.

Also, Bukkit development seems to be progressing very slowly.
    Post by Hey0 today on his forum regarding Bukkit taking over the development of hMod:

I was under the impression that the Bukkit team would continue to work on it until they were ready. Obviously, this is not the case as they aren't (except for Meaglin)

So, where do you intend to go from here Runk? You could possibly wait until someone updates hMod compatibility to the new version of Minecraft.
    Some guys are working on it through github but there are no indications as to when they will be finished.

If Bukkit do not support Towny, I will have to find another solution. As you say, towny is more of this servers heart. I will keep my eyes open for a atleast working hMod if anyone intend to make one.
    Lets hope someone does.

As far as Mods, I am no scripter. So we have to rely on the ones scripting the mods. But I will do what I can to fix this problem.
    Too bad Hey0 lost the interest.. What will we do without hey0 Sad

And I will take time on fixing this, I really hope we wont lose our beloved members because of this.
    But it's better to be safe then sorry. If we do something wrong, we can acctually destroy the whole server structure and have to remove and re-install it completley. So I have to choose carefully.

And thank you for your posts and information updates aswell. Feel free to post anything you have to say about this in this thread, or any new information you find! This is very helpful, because it's hard for me to get all the information myself :3

Regards
    Arania Team
    Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Just stumbled upon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thread over at the Bukkit Forums.

We will try and update hMod (at least this time), but we offer ABSOLUTELY NO promises that we'll be able to do it as a lot has changed and we are no longer as familiar with the project as we once were.
    So the Bukkit Team is trying to update hMod but isn't even sure if they will succeed. My guess is that it will take a while until (if ever) we will see results from this attempt.

If you are looking to install Bukkit until a solution for Hmod is found here are some Links that might prove to be of use:

Couldn't see any good Cuboid-like Plugins (or Towny for that matter).
    Some random guy said that development of the Towny Plugin is at halt
    But I am sure alternatives will pop up in a short time.
    zerokontrol

Post  zerokontrol Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:03 am

Bukkit team has given up on trying to update Hmod.

"UPDATE:
    We've tried fixing hMod but had little to no luck. It's way too messy to work on and too much has changed in the last few Minecraft updates.

Sorry guys, but we tried Sad. We kept running into issues and have been at it all day. It's time we call it quits and focus on Bukkit instead."

They are back to working on Bukkit, maybe someone else will come through with Hmod.
    Cathonic

Post  Cathonic Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 am

Hmm sucks Sad

Is it not possible to run a vanilla server until Bukkit is ready?
    zerokontrol

Post  zerokontrol Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 am

It is possible, just whether or not runk wants to go with vanilla for now(lacking a lot of the stuff our server relies on). Nijikokun from hey0's site(moderator) has said he was working on it. Someone on bukkit's forum with the same username said he, hey0 and someone else was working on it. Could have not been him though Sad.

Hopefully Bukkit speeds up and more plugins are released or someone makes hmod compatible.

Edit: Heyo's forums are now closed? Hey0 said he will keep them open but I guess he changed his mind?? Seems pretty angry with the complaints...

"Go use Bukkit, with their entirely recompiled minecraft_server.jar code and whatnot. hMod will not be updated officially anymore (maybe once more if someone makes a working version, but then that'll be the last!). This forum's closed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And god damn you're all dumb. "I just updated my minecraft_server.jar and hMod no longer works, this is really irritating why is it happening?" Really, huh. Who. Could. Have. Guessed."

Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:36 am

Don't worry guys, everything will be fine.
    A proposal for a temporary solution that should work until hmod gets fixed / bukkit has the plugins that Arania needs has been send to Runk.
    zerokontrol

Post  zerokontrol Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 am

Possible downgrading? I know a few servers who did that and will stay like that until Bukkit release/hmod fix.
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Downgrading the server is really tricky, both for the players and me.

And for the moment I have no time to fix the server during the weekend, I will be able to fix this on monday!

What I can do is either take it vanilla without plugins, and dont make it public so you all can enter and build. And there's no risk for us to get new members that would grief. Tho you need to be very carefull cuz there's no safety plugins at all.

Or I can try with Angelos solution. Either way, this will happen on monday i'm afraid. Weekends are filled for me.'

Which solution do you want to see happen to the server?

Edit:

I have found a temporarly solution. Someone called hclewk have made an, atleast working but not so stable version of hMod.

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will try use this one, and see what i'll do from there.

Regards
    Arania Team
    Mjolnor

Post  Mjolnor Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:34 pm

I'd be happy with any solution, but I consider arania to be my home server, and would just like to be able to log in and play... even if it is in a world that will be deleted on monday.

TBCPhantom
    TBCPhantom

Post  TBCPhantom Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Agh I come back to bad news after a busy week = (
    but it'll be okay cuz I know Runk will come up with something we can all agree upon = )

Hope the server is back up soon, I've been wanting to get back on teh server all week ha
    kasparsade

Post  kasparsade Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 am

Sounds good, Runk. It would be great to at least have the server up.
    Angelo85
    Angelo85

Post  Angelo85 Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 am

If anybody wants to connect to me while we are waiting for an Arania replacement feel free to join me at: 78.54.28.166:25565

My Computer has pretty sweet sepcs but the Upload is not that big so I don't know how much players it can actually fit... lets find out Laughing

I am based in Europe so you US guys might experience some Lag.

/e: no lag for US guys it seems! But the starting chunk seems bugged, can't mine sand?! Just get out of the starting chunk and everything is fine.

Last edited by Angelo85 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    rogueman117

Post  rogueman117 Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Hope the server will be back soon Smile

I'll use this time to finish my Minecraft Hyrule map Razz
    sblimit
    sblimit

Post  sblimit Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:07 am

My thoughts:

Since bukkit is the future of MC Multilayer Management I suggest that we start using one of the developmental build. I realize the server relies strongly on some hmod mods but unfortunately hmod will never be as stable as it once was even with the outside coders working on the project. We will have to convert eventually, and why not now?
    zerokontrol

Post  zerokontrol Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

I agree sb, even if hmod gets successfully patched, we cant expect the same people to keep on going after that.

Bukkit is in, might aswell hop in ASAP.
    Eztoyloco
    Eztoyloco

Post  Eztoyloco Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 am

rogueman117 wrote:Hope the server will be back soon Smile

I'll use this time to finish my Minecraft Hyrule map Razz

The hyrule map you say?, is it the snes version or the N64 version? Smile

Sorry for the offtopic message
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 am

I'd have to agree with sb as well, eventually we will have to swap over to buzzkit not much point postponing it unless it's absolutely necessary. Only a matter of time before the same type of plugins start appearing on it anyway.
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Post  Runkpapper Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Then it's decided.

I will fix Bukkit to our server with atleast protection plugins.
    So griefing will be minimal. As previous posters it's true that the same plugins will come to Bukkit, but in time.

I will try fix this asap.
    I am very unfamiliar with Bukkit, so be patience with this.
    Give me a day or two to fix everything as we please.

I will update everyone Here, when the server is up and running again.

Regards
    Arania Team

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:26 am