Arania Minecraft Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of Arania Server.

2 posters

Iconomy and Gold Value

sskonis
    sskonis

Iconomy and Gold Value Empty Iconomy and Gold Value

Post  sskonis Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:20 am

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's just me or if everyone kinda sees it along the same line.

But currently the value of gold is far to difficult to associate with things. Seeing as the usual values for things are between 1-200. Starter money being 100 and getting 5g per hour.

I feel that if you were to make slight changes to the gold values that the iconomy would be far more lucrative. I would suggest 1000g Starter and 50g per hour, and if possible give all current members 900g to balance it out or just start everyones gold fresh off at 1000g again.

A good example for a reason for doing this is at follows.

Currently if you want to sell 1 stack of dirt you have to charge a minimum of 1g which is currently highway robbery making it so you have to sell we'll say 5 stacks to make it worth peoples money.

Where as if the gold values were changes, you could quite easily sell 1 stack of dirt for 1-5g and as that would establish it's ease to gather.

Now I know some people prefer to work with smaller numbers rather then larger numbers but I feel with these changes you'd get more people into using there gold and less people into blowing all there gold on 1 item and being poor for the next week.

Well that's my 2cents anyway =). Please give your opinions if they differ to mine.
    Runkpapper
    Runkpapper
    Admin

Iconomy and Gold Value Empty Re: Iconomy and Gold Value

Post  Runkpapper Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Hello sskonis!

You do have a point in this matter, as when I put the starting value I had no idea how much I was going to put in. But as this makes sense I will change it.

I will have a starting value of 500 and a hourly income of 50. This should do the trick.

Regards
    Arania Team
    sskonis
    sskonis

Post  sskonis Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:18 am

Hopefully it works out as well ingame as it does on paper. =)

Glad I could be of assistance ^_^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:38 am